Northeast Minneapolis renters: Questions about renting? Get your legal questions answered!
A renters rights & responsibilities clinic will be held on Tuesday, September 29th from 6pm to 8pm at the Edison High School Media Center. HOME Line is partnering with a variety of Northeast Minneapolis neighborhoods, organizations, businesses, and the City to present this free in-person legal clinic for renters. One-on-one legal assistance on a wide range of tenant/landlord and housing issues available to attendees (Spanish language services will be available). Common topics include repairs, security deposits, privacy, understanding leases, and many more. Resources from a variety of city and neighborhood organizations will be available at the event, so come meet your neighbors and get the information you need to have a safe and stable living situation! Refreshments will be provided.
Tuesday, September 29
Edison High School Media Center (700 22nd Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418)
4 blocks off of both Lowry and Central Ave
Accessible by regular Metro Transit bus routes 32, 10 and limited stop routes routes 59, 118
Attending? Let us know on the Facebook event page!
Event Partners include:
- Beltrami Neighborhood Council
- Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin
- City of Minneapolis Neighborhood & Community Relations Department
- City of Minneapolis Regulatory Services Department
- Columbia Park Neighborhood Association
- Diamonds Coffee Shoppe
- HOME Line
- Minneapolis Renters Coalition
- Northeast Park Neighborhood Association
- Sheridan Neighborhood Organization
- St. Anthony West Neighborhood Organization
- Waite Park Community Council
- Windom Park Citizens in Action
ATTENTION: Save Beltrami Park!
Please mark your calendar for this important meeting regarding the future of Beltrami Park. Originally, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) did not include Beltrami Park in this schedule of meetings. At our insistence, MPRB added Beltrami Park to the schedule.
Help Plan the Future of
Northeast Minneapolis Parks
Parks Featured: Beltrami, Logan, Northeast
Thursday, September 17th
Logan Recreation Center, 690 13th Ave NE
The Beltrami Neighborhood Council (BNC) will be at the meeting to present the facts (who uses the park, how many children are in the neighborhood, etc.). We want to add your voice, experiences, and opinions to this presentation! Tell the MPRB your story about how you use the park or why you want the park available for others.
If you want to the park to stay the same or better yet, improve, please come to this meeting! If you cannot make the meeting, write a letter or email and we will include your comments with our presentation to the MPRB on September 17th.
Encourage your children to write a letter or draw a picture, too! If you have photos of the park you would like to share, send them our way! Need help getting started with a letter? Call or email the office for a sample.
Send letters, drawings, photos, and/or comments to:
Beltrami Neighborhood Council
PO Box 18297
Minneapolis, MN 55418
612-229-8480 (text enabled)
-or- drop items off in the Beltrami Park Building’s Mailbox
Beltrami Summer Festival
Saturday, August 29th, 3-7 PM
Ice Cream & Popcorn
sPARKit Mobile Trailer of Fun!
Karaoke by Vegas Lounge
Castle Building & Remodeling Bouncy House
Grand Reveal of New Basketball Hoops
Open Drum Circle
Followed by Movie in the Park: Beetlejuice! at dusk.
We need your help! Consider volunteering for an hour or two to help make this a great event. Sign-up with a friend to make it even more fun!
Volunteers get a super awesome, exclusive, Beltrami t-shirt!
Have clothes that need mending? FREE Sewing Clinic!
Thursday, July 16, 7 PM
Beltrami Park Building, 1111 Summer St NE
All ages welcome, youth must be accompanied by an adult
Bring an item of clothing that needs simple mending.
We will have some thread, needles and patching materials to use or you can bring your own.
Register: 612-229-8480 (text enabled), email@example.com
Sponsored by the Beltrami Neighborhood Council & Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board
The Beltrami Neighborhood Council announces 2% interest home improvement loans – available now!
Beltrami Interest Subsidy Loan Program
- 2% fixed interest rate on MHFA Community Fix-Up Fund
- Maximum loan amount: $50,000
- 1-4 unit owner occupied properties in Beltrami
- Income limit: $99,500
- Most interior and exterior permanent are eligible
Call now! 612-588-3033 or www.gmhchousing.org
Down Payment Assistance Also available from the City of Minneapolis
Maybe you’ve thought homeownership wasn’t possible, or you didn’t know where to start. Maybe you thought your credit wasn’t good enough or you haven’t saved enough for a down payment. We can help!
The City of Minneapolis is partnering with Minnesota Housing and the Minnesota Homeownership Center to provide access to down payment assistance, quality, affordable mortgages and free, non-biased housing experts that can help you become a successful home owner!
Learn more by visiting the City’s website.
Beltrami Neighborhood Council Seeks a Community Organizer
Beltrami Neighborhood Council (BNC), located in Northeast Minneapolis, seeks a self-motivated & energetic community organizer. The BNC is a 501©(3), led by an 11-member Board of Directors and supported by a part-time Neighborhood Coordinator. The BNC hopes to engage its residents through increased door-knocking and face-to-face contact. Special attention will be given to reaching under-represented populations and those typically not interested in or available to participate in traditional meetings.
The Community Organizer position is a part-time, temporary position with 10 hours per week June – October. Applicants must be willing to work some weekends and evenings.
• Door-knock households to promote the BNC, build relationships, and get feedback on current and future BNC activities
• Assist Neighborhood Coordinator in development and implementation of tenant outreach plan
• Identify and build relationships with block leaders
• Organize block meetings
• Promote and organize National Night Out events
• Assist in planning of Beltrami Summer Festival
• Create and distribute flyers as needed
Administrative Tasks (5%):
• Accurately document outreach efforts and results
• Work with Neighborhood Coordinator to fine tune outreach strategies
• Attend monthly Crime & Safety meetings (4th Monday of the month, 6:30 PM)
• Meet with Neighborhood Coordinator weekly
• 1+ year experience community organizing
• Experience working with diverse communities
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to work independently, self-start and follow through
• Fluent in Spanish preferred
• Ability to work weekends and evenings (1-2 weekends a month, 2-3 evenings per week)
• Ability to lift 40 lbs, use stairs, and work in a variety of weather conditions
Email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on June 12th.
Renters Rights and Responsibilities Forum
May 30th 2pm-4pm
East Side Neighborhood Services, 1700 2nd St. NE
This free community event includes:
- A presentation from HOME Line, a non-profit Minnesota tenant advocacy organization on: legal rights and responsibilities of renters and rental resources to ensure a safe your family
- Free one-on-one sessions with housing advocates available for individual or private questions
- Spanish and Somali interpreters provided
- Refreshments and snacks provided
- Information about your local neighborhood associations on how you can get involved
Partners: HOME Line, City of Minneapolis Neighborhood and Community Relations Department, Northeast Community Development Corporation, Windom Park Citizens in Action, Holland Neighborhood Improvement Association, Bottineau Neighborhood Association, Beltrami Neighborhood Council, and Diamonds Coffee Shoppe
Applications now being accepted for plots in the Beltrami Community Garden!
See more information on the Community Garden page.
Hurry! The garden fills up fast! Questions? 612-229-8480, email@example.com
Beltrami Park Building
1111 Summer St NE
- Nicollet-Central Streetcar: Project update and feedback on proposed stop locations!
- RecQuest: Find out more about this project that directly impacts the Beltrami Park Building.
- Annual Report: Hear what the BNC has been up to!
- Volunteer Recognition: Come honor our star volunteers!
- Elections: 6 seats on the Board of Directors are up for election. If you live in Beltrami, you can nominate and vote! The neighborhood needs you! Call or email the office for information about joining the Board!