In the spring of 2022, the City of Minneapolis will pilot a Guaranteed Basic Income Program.
They will enroll 200 families in the pilot.
How it works
- Enrolled families receive $500 from the City each month to help boost your income.
- You receive the payment every month for two years.
- You use the extra money in a way that makes sense for you.
- You have the flexibility to balance immediate needs with long-term investments.
- Immediate need examples: rent and food
- Long-term investment examples: tuition, college savings, vehicle repairs
- You become financially secure.
Spring 2022 through spring 2024